Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Drama try-outs.

Sometimes life is very very good...and sometimes its just not. It's been one of those weeks of just not. We all have them, and I guess you can choose to dwell in them, to relish them... or you can recognize they are there and get excited that eventually they will end and very very good is just around the corner.

Today I had the opportunity to talk about this week and the associated drama of this week with my friend and mentor Tim from Focus on the Family. He started to tell me about babies and parents. He said that sometimes babies cry and squirm and move and cry more. And parents will wrap the baby up in a tight blanket and the baby will stop crying and the parent will whisper shhhhh I love you... shhhh my child I love you.

Tim's point was simple. God wants whisper amazing words of love and comfort to us. But, we are bigger then babies, and we squirm more and its harder to wrap us adults up in a blanket... so God waits with anticipation for us to be still so that God can whisper to us shhhh... I love you. Shhhh It's going to be ok... I'm here and I love you. Shhh be still.

Drama try-outs are over in my heart. I choose to snuggle down in complete surrender to the wisdom and love of the Lord. PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment